Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 3

Today was (is still?) my birthday! Our feet hit the floor at 6:00am (on time!!!). Last night was great - the girls slept all night. I woke up at 3:30 and didn't get myself back to sleep until 5:30. Up at 6 and ready to start the day. We get the girls downstairs and I get them changed and dressed for the day while Pete gets their milk warmed up. They eat - I jump in the shower and get ready for work. There's no time to play today - I'm bringing the kids to his parents house so his mom can watch them there. That means we have to be out the door by 7:00.

Pete will get ready for work once the girls and I leave. He helps me get them out the door and in the car. This morning they're in 'exploring' moods and decide to wander instead of heading right to the car. And Hailey thinks it's a big game to jump on and off the curb. I don't mind. Pete doesn't seem to mind either. Eventually they get in the van.

We make it out the door by 7:15 but that's fine. The girls LOVE going to Pete's parents house. And they're always in a good mood on the car ride there (they actually don't mind the car so much as long as I'm playing THEIR music). It's always nice to have "I've been workin' on the raiiiiiil road - all the live long dayyyyyy!!!" stuck in your head all day long. ;-) But it keeps them happy and they dance like crazy in their car seats too.

I get to his parents house (lots of traffic today) and get them and their bags out of the car and into the house. His sister Rosemary, gave me a picture frame with black and white photos of the girls. One of each of them individually and one with all 3 of them. It's beautiful. And it reminds me that I'm not the only one in the world that loves them as much as I do. And she cared enough to capture these moments on camera.

I get to work and the girls in the office were great today. I had a nice card, some gifts and they treated me to lunch. I had a ton of emails and ecards too. The best part of my day? When Pete emailed me and said 'the girls are having so much fun playing outside in their playhouse that they don't want to go inside and have snack.' We bought them a playhouse for $40 on Saturday at a tagsale. Great deal since they go for around $200/$250 brand new. Today was the 1st day they saw it...and I guess they love it! They loved it enough to play so hard that they took a 3 hour nap today! It really makes my day when I know the girls are having a good day. They also went to the park today with his parents. I'm happy they get to do these things even though Pete and I are work.

I picked them up after work and when we got home Pete had dinner ready. It's hard on the days we bring them to his parents because when we get them home we have to feed them, give them a bath and get them ready for bed in such a short period of time. If we wait too long to put them to bed then they get over tired and it's a mess for the rest of the night. But Pete and I worked well as a team tonight and we got it done. Girls were in bed and sleeping by 6:30. There are days when Pete and I just can't seem to get it together - and you'll read about them since this will be a one year blog! But on the days we are working together...life is much easier.

Pete and I ate and then cleaned up (the girls make a MESS when they eat!). And we could have done a million things but we decided to sit down and play some poker together. He's still playing (I'm blogging now...lol). He's got more patience than me what can I say?

Email is a big part of my day. It keeps the lines of communication open to Pete and I about the girls. It also affords me the opportunity to talk with my sister and brothers, friends and family. I don't always have time to talk on the phone when I'm home. Pete and I are on the move and just keep going when we're here. When we finally do have the time to sit down and relax...we certainly don't want to be on the phone.

I told myself I was going to work out tonight but didn't. I'm not going to make excuses - I'll just have to do it tomorrow night. I did eat a bag of Swedish Fish (candy is just my weakness) while watching The Biggest Loser. Pete says there's probably a law against that somewhere.

I hope tomorrow is a good day as well. But Pete and I have learned to take our lives one day at at time.

1 comment: