Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 2

I wake up to the phone ringing at 6:15. Shit - I should have been up 15 minutes ago. It's Donna - she's not going to make it today because she had a rough night. I don't think to ask her if everything is ok - I simply say that's fine and I hope things get better. It's not until I actually wake up that I realize I should have asked what was wrong. I move on - I'm already late and Pete and I need to get the girls up and get going.

I get the girls dressed for the day while Pete warms up their milk (we still warm their morning milk for them). Once they're dressed and all sucking down some nutrition I run up to take a shower and get ready for work. Once I'm ready - Pete goes and does the same. I spend what little time I have left before I leave for work with the girls because I won't see them until tomorrow. They seem to be in pretty good moods today - which is great because last night wasn't so wonderful.

For some reason last night - both Hannah and Hailey were up for about an hour. We got them up and changed them, held them and settled them back down. Pete and I didn't get to sleep until midnight (which is why my internal clock didn't wake me up at 6 when it should have!).

Pete's mom is watching the girls today and she's coming here. I leave for work at 7:45...knowing I'm late. It's a 20 minute drive without traffic and I should be at work by 8:00. Hmmm...I text one of the girls I work with to let her know I'm running late. Not a big deal today since the 1st patient isn't until 10:00 anyway. I take my time...listening to music and driving to work has become one of my relaxing things to do.

Work was pretty uneventful today. Luckily - Pete and I both have access to email during the day so we talk a lot via the internet. It's nice to be able to get an update on the girls and be able to talk about things we might not have had the time to discuss. Today we talk about the pro's and con's of buying a pellet stove. So far the decision is no. But that might change. It's a big expense - after all is said and done...close to $3,000. That's a lot of $ to take out of savings right now. And the pay off might not be worth it. More discussion is needed I guess. We'll see.

I leave work at 3:30 and go to school. I have to be there at 4 and I have back to back classes. One from 4 - 6:40 and one from 6:45 - 9:30. They're in the same building, same floor - just different classrooms. That's good since I only have 5 minutes to get there. I call Pete to check on the girls during my break. He says things went well tonight and the girls are sleeping soundly and went to bed without a problem.

I get out of class early (9:00) and get home to find all the lights on in the house. I'm already snappy because it's been a long day and I'm on only 6 hours of sleep (and I'm hungry but it's too late to eat). This is all it takes sometimes...the lights being left on. Grrrr. Wanna know what we pay for electricity EVERY month? $426. No...that's not a typo. So yes - I'm mad about the lights. But I know I'm also tired and over worked and I miss my babies...and won't see them until the morning (I hope!).

I'm sure Pete has a whole different version of how his day went since he had to be here to take care of the girls today. But we sit in silence on the couch. I type this blog and he's watching a movie. When I sign off - I'm going to read for a little bit to wind down and then sleeeeeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment