Thursday, September 1, 2011

2nd day of preschool

Not so easy.  Much worse of a drop off than yesterday.  Pete went to work at 7:15 and the girls CRIED "I don't want to go to schooooooolllllllll!"  At one point Hailey said "I'll go to school TOMORROW...just NOT TODAY" to which Emily quickly replied "Not me mommyyyyy...I never want to go to schooooolllllll."  Oh please add the 3y/o whine into all of these sentences.  LB was home - so he came to school with us so that he could see where their classroom is (he's on the list as someone that can pick them up). 

Once we got there - I brought them in the room and they were screaming again.  I gave them all kisses, said I'd be back and started to head out the door...then the teacher said they need to be signed in.  Just that small bit of hesitation was long enough for all 3 of them to get a death grip on my pants.  I quickly signed Emily in but left the other 2 blank...figured it was an all for one/one for all deal.  I peeled their hands off of me and headed out the door.  LB was right behind me.  Rough rough rough.  Who knew kids could tear at your heart like this?!?! 

When we went and picked them up - they were happy and once again agreed to go back tomorrow.  Good thing cuz they're going back. 

We went to the park for a picnic lunch before heading home for naps.  Hopefully tomorrow is a little easier but it might get worse before it gets easier.  Imagine how the teacher feels?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. It may get worse before it gets better. but it will get better for all of you! And the teachers have been throught this many, many times. Ask for ways to make it easier - I bet they have a few good tips.

    ReplyDelete