Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Coming home

Alli is coming home today!  I'm now limited to the amt of medical information I can share due to privacy regulations (she's not 'our' baby so her rights are protected by the state still).  She is doing well enough to come home though so I'll  be going to pick her up today :)

She doesn't cry much at all and pretty much just sleeps, eats and poops lol.  I'm assuming this is the calm before the storm and eventually she'll just start screaming all the time.  I've asked several professionals for some contacts to people who have dealt with this specific situation before and surprisingly enough I'm not getting anywhere with that.  I have heard over and over that they will 'see what they can find/do' but I haven't had anyone follow up on it.  As medically complex as she is/may be - I'll be very proactive in her medical treatment and making sure she gets as early an intervention as I can manage.  It's a tough situation being that she is still in state custody and will remain that way for some period of time.  I don't have 'permission to treat' but I don't believe my requests will be denied. 

The girls are excited for Alli to come home too.  They were able to see her in the hospital yesterday and they even got to feed her.  Walking through the hall after our visit, Emily says "Mom I've been wanting a baby for SO LONG now!"  Ummmm...this was news to me.  If someone could maybe talk to her about wanting to win the lotto that would be great...

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    My name is Jenna, I am so happy your girls are excited for baby Allie. All your girls are beautiful and I bet baby Allie is beautiful too.
    I bet baby Allie is a brave courageous, inspiration and a fighter.
    I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have 14 other medical conditions, and developmental delays.
    I wrote this poem
    Each of us are Special
    Each of us different,
    No one is the same
    Each of are us are unique in our own way,
    Those of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.
    It doesen't matter what other's say
    we are special anyway.
    What is forty feet and sings? the school chior
    http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete